Effective as of January 21, 2015.
The Service allows you to:
- Access information about dplan.
- View past, current, and upcoming events.
- Communicate with fellow gamers attending or otherwise affiliated with dplan through chat and forum services.
- Share miscellaneous information (contact, personal experiences, website links, etc.), media, and other Internet material, as long as said material does not voilate our Use Restrictions and Posting and Conduct Restrictions.
- View computer game related information and sales offers.
You need to be at least 13 years old to register for and use the Service. However, you may register if under continued supervision of a legal parent or caretaker above the age of 13.
If you are a user who signs up for the Service, will create a personalized account which includes a unique username and a password to access the Service and to receive messages from the Licensor. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your password and/or account. The Licensor will not be responsible for any liabilities, losses, or damages arising out of the unauthorized use of your member name, password and/or account.
- Post any information that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, libelous, or racially, sexually, religiously, or otherwise objectionable and offensive.
- Use the Service for any unlawful purpose or for the promotion of illegal activitie.
- Attempt to, or harass, abuse or harm another person or group.
- Use another user’s account without permission.
- Provide false or inaccurate information when registering an account.
- Interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of the Service.
- Make any automated use of the system, or take any action that we deem to impose or to potentially impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our servers or network infrastructure.
- Bypass any robot exclusion headers or other measures we take to restrict access to the Service or use any software, technology, or device to scrape, spider, or crawl the Service or harvest or manipulate data.
- Publish or link to malicious content intended to damage or disrupt another user’s browser or computer.
When you create your own personalized account, you may be able to provide (“User Content”). You are solely responsible for the User Content that you post, upload, link to or otherwise make available via the Service. You agree that we are only acting as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of your User Content. The Licensor, however, reserves the right to remove any User Content from the Service at its discretion.
The following rules pertain to User Content. By transmitting and submitting any User Content while using the Service, you agree as follows:
- You are solely responsible for your account and the activity that occurs while signed in to or while using your account.
- You will not post information that is malicious, false or inaccurate.
- You will not submit content that is copyrighted or subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy, publicity, trade secret, etc., unless you are the owner of such rights or have the appropriate permission from their rightful owner to specifically submit such content.
- You hereby affirm we have the right to determine whether any of your User Content submissions are appropriate and comply with these Terms of Service, remove any and/or all of your submissions, and terminate your account with or without prior notice.
You understand and agree that any liability, loss or damage that occurs as a result of the use of any User Content that you make available or access through your use of the Service is solely your responsibility. The Licensor is not responsible for any public display or misuse of your User Content. The Licensor does not, and cannot, pre-screen or monitor all User Content. However, at our discretion, we, or technology we employ, may monitor and/or record your interactions with the Service.
Opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content made available through the Service, but not directly by the Licensor, are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such content. The Licensor does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information on the Service and neither does the Licensor adopt nor endorse, nor is the Licensor responsible for, the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made by parties other than the Licensor. The Licensor takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content that you or any other user or third party posts or sends over the Service. Under no circumstances will the Licensor be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from anyone’s reliance on information or other content posted on the Service, or transmitted to users.
E-mails sent between you and other participants that are not readily accessible to the general public will be treated by us as private to the extent required by applicable law.
As part of the Service, the Licensor may provide you with convenient links to third party website(s) (“Third Party Sites”) as well as content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (the “Third Party Applications, Software or Content”). These links are provided as a courtesy to Service subscribers. The Licensor has no control over Third Party Sites and Third Party Applications, Software or Content or the promotions, materials, information, goods or services available on these Third Party Sites or Third Party Applications, Software or Content. Such Third Party Sites and Third Party Applications, Software or Content are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by the Licensor, and the Licensor is not responsible for any Third Party Sites accessed through the Site or any Third Party Applications, Software or Content posted on, available through or installed from the Site, including the content, accuracy, offensiveness, opinions, reliability, privacy practices or other policies of or contained in the Third Party Sites or the Third Party Applications, Software or Content. Inclusion of, linking to or permitting the use or installation of any Third Party Site or any Third Party Applications, Software or Content does not imply approval or endorsement thereof by the Licensor. If you decide to leave the Site and access the Third Party Sites or to use or install any Third Party Applications, Software or Content, you do so at your own risk and you should be aware that our terms and policies no longer govern. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any site to which you navigate from the Site or relating to any applications you use or install from the site.
(a) Termination of Repeat Infringer Accounts. The Licensor respects the intellectual property rights of others and requests that the users do the same. Pursuant to 17 U.S.C. 512(i) of the United States Copyright Act, the Licensor has adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of users of the Service who are repeat infringers. The Licensor may terminate access for participants or users who are found repeatedly to provide or post protected third party content without necessary rights and permissions.
(b) DMCA Take-Down Notices. If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe, in good faith, that any materials provided on the Service infringe upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (see 17 U.S.C 512) (“DMCA”) by sending the following information in writing to the Licensor’s designated copyright agent at email@example.com:
- The date of your notification.
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- A description of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and information sufficient to enable us to locate such work.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and/or email address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
(c) Counter-Notices. If you believe that your User Content that has been removed from the Site is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the content in your User Content, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to our copyright agent using the contact information set forth above:
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- A description of the content that has been removed and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content.
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in Denmark and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Licensor copyright agent, the Licensor may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing such person that it may reinstate the removed content in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed content may (in the Licensor’s discretion) be reinstated on the Site in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice.
By posting any User Content via the Service, you expressly grant, and you represent and warrant that you have a right to grant, to the License a royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, list information regarding, edit, translate, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, and make derivative works of all such User Content and your name, voice, and/or likeness as contained in your User Content, if applicable, in whole or in part, and in any form, media or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, for use in connection with the Service.
You acknowledge and agree that we and our licensors retain ownership of all intellectual property rights of any kind related to the Service, including applicable copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary rights. Other product and company names that are mentioned on the Service may be trademarks of their respective owners. We reserve all rights that are not expressly granted to you under this Agreement.
Communications made through the Service’s e-mail and messaging system, will not constitute legal notice to the Licensor or any of its officers, employees, agents or representatives in any situation where notice to the Licensor is required by contract or any law or regulation.
We may also use your email address, to send you other messages, including information about the Licensor and special offers. You may opt out of such email by changing your account settings or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opting out may prevent you from receiving messages regarding the Licensor or special offers.
THE SERVICE, IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE LICENSOR EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, REGARDING THE SERVICE INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, SECURITY, ACCURACY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE LICENSOR MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION THAT ACCESS TO OR OPERATION OF THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK OF LOSS RESULTING FROM YOUR DOWNLOADING AND/OR USE OF FILES, INFORMATION, CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICE. SOME JURISDICTIONS LIMIT OR DO NOT PERMIT DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTY, SO THIS PROVISION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE LICENSOR, ITS AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OR EMPLOYEES, OR ITS LICENSORS OR PARTNERS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, OR DATA, OR FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, HOWEVER ARISING, THAT RESULT FROM (A) THE USE, DISCLOSURE, OR DISPLAY OF YOUR USER CONTENT; (B) YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (C) THE SERVICE GENERALLY OR THE SOFTWARE OR SYSTEMS THAT MAKE THE SERVICE AVAILABLE; OR (D) ANY OTHER INTERACTIONS WITH THE LICENSOR OR ANY OTHER USER OF THE SERVICE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE LICENSOR HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, AND EVEN IF A REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. SOME JURISDICTIONS LIMIT OR DO NOT PERMIT DISCLAIMERS OF LIABILITY, SO THIS PROVISION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion of the Agreement will be construed consistent with applicable law. The remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. Any failure on the part of the Licensor to enforce any provision of this Agreement will not be considered a waiver of our right to enforce such provision. Our rights under this Agreement will survive any termination of this Agreement.
You agree that any cause of action related to or arising out of your relationship with the Licensor must commence within ONE year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.